New android is taking a long time to set up?

Q. My new android is taking a long time to setup my account. It asked for my username and password for my yahoo account which I gave and it has been processing for nearly an hour and a half or so. Is something wrong with it and or should I be doing something?

A. It definitely shouldn't take over an hour to set up. If the phone will let you, exit out of what it's working on. You can always go back later and set up additional accounts in your phone with the preinstalled email app.

How do I set up Samsung Captivate for Yahoo! mail?
Q. I go into setup on the stock email app and it simply asks for Yahoo! email address and password. Captivate comes back saying either account or password information is wrong. Same password works fine on Mac.
Has anybody successfully set Yahoo Mail with the stock email app on the Captivate?

A. I have yahoo mail set up on my Captivate using the stock email app, but it isn't easy. Yahoo mail will not log in if you are attempting to use wifi. Even then, it will not always update on it's own reliably.

There is a new yahoo mail app in the Marketplace. It works much better than setting it up in the standard mail android app.

Why yahoo mail does notwork on t mobile my touch android phones as a secondary e mail?
Q. It says some yahoo mail accounts may not work with this feature if you having trouble go to yahoo.com...why? And which mail account do work?

A. finally, after 1 month to the day since they started having issues, I talked to a tech manager who gave me the solution. they have been giving me the run around for the last month and even had me download the yahoo client app. I almost flashed the phone and put a non t-mobile ROM on the device. You need to do the following:

1. click on mail
2. enter email address for yahoo and password
3. click on manual setup
4. choose imap
5. for username just the usename
6. then the password
7. imap server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
8. port 993
9.for security SSL(accept all certs)
10. next
11. outgoing server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
12. port: 465
13:security: SSL (accept all certs)
14. click next and you are all set
apparently new server names and ports from my previous config.

hope this helps, enjoy!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment