How much data is used when getting a free app from the Android Market?

Q. I just bought a motorola backflip, and I have the cheaper data plan (around 15 dollars a month). I want to get some of the free apps from the Android Market, but I'm afraid that downloading them will use a large amount of data.
Can I install free apps without using a large amount of data?
Can I install them using wifi and not have to worry about using data?

THANK YOU. :)

A. The amount of data you use depends on the size of the app. You can usually see the size of the app listed when you press the app name on the Market.

However, if you use wi-fi, the point is moot, since you don't get charged for data using your own wi-fi or at some hotspot. If you have a cap on your data, using wi-fi when possible is a great idea.

Can you make your android phone generate wifi?
Q. Is there an app or method to make your android phone act as a wifi hotspot? I have pda net for my laptop, but was wondering if I could hook up my Wii with wifi.

A. Well, the answer is no. Your phone can't act as a Wi-Fi hotspot simply because the transmitter's too small. It may work if you hacked the software to do so, but it would not come out very well. Your phone can, on the other hand connect to your computer via bluetooth assuming your computer has an adapter for it and you can then create an Ad-Hoc network for your Wii to connect to, as long as you share the connection through your phone. You're better off just buying a router and using it with standard internet service, though.

How does the Android operating system work?
Q. I wanna buy an Android powered phone and just wanted 2 know how Android worked... Would i need a hotspot to go online on my phone??

A. It is similar to the iphone. Android cell phone uses Google operating system called the Android. The android cell phones has apps and software. It has a app store called android marketplace when you can download apps, music and movies for your cell phone.

When you have a android cell phone, you are required to get a data internet plan from the cell phone company that gives you internet anywhere you are. Also the android cell phone can receive internet at any Wi-Fi hotspot location such as coffee shops, mcdonalds, restaurants etc. or through your home network.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment