is the new droid incredible for Verizon wireless, compatible with snow leopard?

Q. hi i would like to know if the new droid incredible for Verizon wireless, compatible with snow leopard, i currently have a macbook, and i'm looking into buying the phone, and i'd love to be able to sync both ical, and address book without having to convert to using google calendar/contacts, also ive checked out missing sync for android, but that doesn't sync ical.

A. There is no way to do the calendar without using Google Cal (for syncing).
Syncing with Google syncs all your contacts but if you dont want it then there is probably an app to back them up.

Android phone for a MAC user?
Q. I'm currently deployed and when I get back I'm going to switch from T-Mobile to either Verizon or AT&T (due to the reception in my area). I own MAC computers only and was wondering if getting an Android phone would be a smart choice? This will be my first smart phone so I don't know if they rely heavily on computers or not. Should I go ahead and get an Android phone or just get the iPhone because I own MAC computers?

A. I'm a Mac user with an Android phone.

Syncing contacts with the phone is trivial. You switch on Address Book's option to sync with Google, your contacts sync to Gmail. You edit them there, and when you've cleaned everything up you log in on your new Android phone and they all sync to the phone. After that, it's all automatic, you can update anywhere and the updated info moves between all three places. Even user icons transfer.

Calendars are slightly trickier. You'll want to use Google Calendar and the phone as your main calendar, and then subscribe to your Google calendars using iCal and CalDAV. Then you'll need to move any existing iCal events to the shared calendars, and delete your old calendars. (See links.)

Music is easy. You install DoubleTwist, and it syncs your iTunes music to your phone.

To-do items are a bit of a pain, as Apple's mail-based to-do doesn't sync with Gmail's to-do or with Google Calendar. You can use Gmail Tasks on the Mac, though, and that's available on you phone. That's what I do for a simple list of to-do items with checkboxes. Depending on how heavy a user of to-do lists you are, you might want to look at one of the more feature-rich web-based to-do lists that syncs with Android, such as ToodleDo or Astrid. (See links.)

If this sounds like a bit of a maze, you could spend some money and get Missing Sync for Android from MarkSpace. That'll handle everything in one package, without having to pump all your data through Google first. (See links.)

Will iPhone apps work on an Atrix?
Q. I bought a lot of apps for my 3GS, but I'm probably getting an Atrix now that I've lost my iPhone and have an upgrade. My only real concern is not only will the apps work (or will I have to buy all new ones for the Atrix), but will my music, calendars, photos, contacts, groups, notes... will all of that sync to the Atrix problem free? I use a MacBook Pro 10.5.8, and have the most recent iTunes. Everything else (iPhoto, iCal, Address Book) is stock.

A. No. The iPhone is made by Apple. The Atrix uses the Android OS which is made by Google. You will have to get new apps, and re-update your contact list, calendar, etc.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment