What are the pros and cons to rooting an android device?

Q. I have the cdma version of the HTC Hero, and was wondering if I should root it or not? Is rooting hard to do? What are the pros and cons? Thanks-I will choose a best answer.

A. THis is just one site that can answer all of your questions and concerns....register and ask questions if you need to... most people are nice...just ignore the ones who aren't


http://androidforums.com/all-things-root/

How do i upgrade my htc hero android version?
Q. How do I upgrade the software to the newer version, I think 2.2?

A. It depends on your network provider. 2.1 is available for the Hero now. I think you have to go onto the HTC Support site http://www.htc.com/www/supportdownloadlist.aspx?p_id=283&act=sd&cat=all and download the latest ROM for your network provider. Then after you've added it to your phone with HTC Sync, your phone will automatically update itself when it gets an internet connection.

What is the best android phone right now?
Q. I want to know what is the best android phone right now? Because I'm going to buy it for my dad's birthday! I found htc Hero on ebay and it's under $300 is the price ok? I don't like the nexon one's interface.

A. Why would you not like the Nexus One interface and like the Hero? They are basically the same thing but the Nexus has the newer version of Android and has a bigger screen. If you want a different form factor, look at the Motorola Droid.

http://www.ShopAndroid.net/buy/Motorola+Droid




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment