Why isnt the total internal storage of Samsung galaxy mini 2 4GB?

Q. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy mini 2, and I thought the total internal storage was 4GB and has 512mb RAM, just like it says everywhere. But I checked on the phone itself, and it says 0.9GB internal storage and 1.8GB usb storage, which makes a total of 2.7GB, and not 4GB. Why is that??
I also checked the RAM, which says 356mb or something, and NOT 512! And now I feel fooled.

Please I need answers asap! Thanks!

A. LOL LOL LOL calm down... breathe.... learn the ins and outs of technology...

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsung-Galaxy-S-II-Mini_id5325/fullspecs

FACT: GS2 Mini has 4GB internal storage and has 512mb RAM and a external USB SD card storage of up to 32GB (depending on what size card YOU buy)

Now, realize this... 4GB of internal storage.. MINUS what Android ROM needs to run (usualy arruond 3GB) so 4-3 = 1.. or .9GB in your case... just like iphones... 16GB models... minus 3-4 for IOS... equals 12-13GB left for the user... ...... marketers will take the total amount of storage and market that.... same with computers... your laptop may have 500GB of storage, but in reality its 440GB (gotta have space for Windows or MAC to run... LOL)........ facts of life

as for your RAM... it has 512MB... WHEN ITS TURNED OFF! LOL when you have stuff running on your phone, or even if its just ON and sitting on the table, its using RAM... so this is why you see 356MB left in Free RAM....

As for your USB storage, you only use 1.9GB of it... you still got tons left. Settings>storage will tell you how much SD card you have left in free space....

Which would be the best choice between an Ipad 2 or the Asus Transformer?
Q. I am a college student. I have a Dell studio laptop which works perfectly at home. I just need something a little more portable for class and days I am on campus all day.

A. iPad 2 vs ASUS Eee Transformer

iPad 2 Advantages:

IPads have a higher degree of fit-and-finish than the competition. Like iPhones vs other smart phones, iPods vs other MP3 players, or Macs vs PC's, iPads are widely regarded as being more refined and polished than the competition. iPad also has a large and refined App Store (although Android Market is closing the gap).

iPad 2 Disadvantages:

1. No Flash.
2. No SD expansion; no HDMI port; no USB port.
3. ASUS Eee Transformer has a better display (10.1 inch, 1280x800, IPS vs 9.7 inch, 1024x768, IPS).
4. iPad's camera resolution is a lousy 0.7 MP.
5. Expensive.

If you'd like an Android tablet with an even better display than the iPad 2, with a good array of ports (mini HDMI, SD, micro SD), with better cameras, at a lower price, and with a slick dock/keyboard option, choose the ASUS Eee Transformer (TF101).

If you like Apple's legendary fit-and-finish or want the most (some would argue the best) app choices, choose the iPad 2.

How can I transfer all 2,000+ (yes, I know that's a LOT) text messages from my Android phone TO my laptop?
Q. Please help. I want to save them before I do a factory reset on my phone and I don't have enough space on my mini SD card to save them all.

A. 1 Download a backup utility that will allow you to do that
#2 Either get a larger memory card, or save them and transfer in increments




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment