Why is Android Swype on my cell phone so retarded?

Q. On Android, I can write silly *** complex words like "onomatopoeia or Antidisestablishmentarianism", with missing half the keys and barely paying attention, yet when I try to write "or" it goes "oir" EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. What the hell is an "oir"? I would think or is a common word that the stupid program would pick up on. Does the software not learn? Seroiusly, I meant to type "hello" not "heillo". **** "i".

A. Software is consistent, you just have to practice more. I still have problems when tired or if in a hurry. Also keep the screen clean. Sometimes oily fingers give it a false touch. Remember touchscreen is a heat sensitive application and oil transfers heat to all areas it is in contact with. There, only 5 retypes in 11 seconds.

How to make HD quality icons/digital art in GIMP?
Q. I am interested in creating themes for Android phones. I have GIMP. What is the process and/or settings, techniques, plugins that I need to create icons, wallpapers, and similar objects that are of very high quality and resolution so that they won't appear blurry or low quality?

A. Well, on screen graphics are usually displayed at 72dpi on a computer screen. Android devices can have different screen sizes and are measured in hdpi (high density pixels per inch) - the usual standard is 72hdpi which equates to 72dpi on a computer screen. Typical icon sizes for Adroid devices are 72x72 pixels, 48x48 or 32x32 pixels or less depending on the size of the device and the purpose of the icon - http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/ui_guidelines/icon_design.html

Usually computer graphics are low resolution - they don't have to be high resolution to display well. Computer screens are not really capable of high resolution, which is why 72dpi is optimal (icons must be designed to match the screen resolution). HD is a video standard. It usually refers to 1080p (1080 pixels high). By comparison, bog standard digital files from a point and shoot camera are usually much higher quality than that (2000 pixels high or more). Still cameras have more pixels and larger sensors than video cameras, and much more than is needed for computer graphics/internet use.

To display something on screen from a digital camera, the usual process is to down size them. When you view a large digital image on your computer, the computer is resizing it down to 72dpi so it will display on the screen.

In GIMP you can draw or paint things big, then reduce them to icon size, typically 48x48 pixels or smaller. You can use the paint tool, the pen tool, various selection tools, or any tool/filter you desire to draw your image. GIMP is more than capable of making icons. In fact, it might be overkill - GIMP is a complex piece of software with a huge learning curve and is comparable to expensive software such as Adobe Photoshop. What's more, the 8-bit/16-bit problem is not important with web/computer graphics. GIF's PNGs and JPEGs can only be made 8bit anyway. GIMP is quite capable of handling massive high resolution files and when used in combination with various plugins such as UFRAW or RAWTherapee can even handle processing of RAW 16-bit images produced by DSLR cameras.

Here's a simple icon tutorial to get you started. http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Creating_Icons/

I'm a graphic designer. All the computer graphics I make are at 72dpi. When I use Adobe Photoshop, the industry standard image editor, I also make my graphics at 72dpi and 8-bit, because thats all you need. Anything bigger is pointless, and may in fact display worse if resized in a web browser for example. 16-bit image formats are not used at all.

How to start a pokemon walkthrough?
Q. I want to do a Pokemon walkthrough for the android but whenever I start casting I chicken out. I really don't know how to a successful pokemon walkthrough but I would like to learn how. Can you guys give me some tips?

A. Okay, before I give you other tips on making a good walk-through, I'm going to give you advice on casting the actual video. Now, I don't do walk-throughs but I do sing on YouTube so I have to have guts for that. Well, first you should:

-Practice what all you're going to say so you don't stagger,stutter, pause, or make you stop giving info while you're taping.
-Build confidence in yourself. If you believe you can make walkthroughs, believe in yourself that you can be bold while filming. A bold PokemonWalk-though YouTuber's get tons of views and subscribers.
-When you get the 2 above completed, practice filming the actual walk-through and check that things are going well. If there's something wrong like info or just problems with the game, work on it and practice to make the best walk-through you can.
-There are tons of YouTube Pokemon Walk-throughs that get tons of views and give good info. Check out their walk-throughs and try to base off your creativity from theirs but don't ultimately steal it.
Here are some YouTubers that do walk-throughs you should definitely check out:
-Gianparimango11
-Pokecinema
-Pimpnite

Those 3 are really well done and helpful. I hope those help you.

Also, make sure the info is true and your walk-throughs are thorough and people don't x-out cause it was boring.

Back to the tips...
-Be confident and happy when you film. Happy filmers make the surroundings of the person watching of a better mood.
-Depending on who you're aiming for in watching your videos, using explicit words (cussing) is optional for you. Which I suggest you don't do it cause it sometimes leads the watcher away.
-Be yourself and have fun is most all I can say. I really hope you do well if you decide to do it and I'll be sure to watch them if you notify me.

I'm @AKellyCovers on YouTube so message me or comment on one of my videos.

Good luck, Adam




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment