I want to buy the G1 andriod phone in India. Any ideas how I should go about it?

Q. There were rumours of the release of the Google android phone (G1) in India (sometime in December). No updates since. I want the phone. Anyone who's managed to procure the phone and knows a reliable way to do it?

A. Why can't you order it from T-Mobile's web site? Or via telephone through T-Mobile?

What are the cons and pros of the iphone and android g1?
Q. I'm getting an unlocked iphone or the g1 soon, but I'm having trouble deciding which one to get. I really don't care about the browsing speed as long as it works, I'm happy with it :) What is good and bad about the iphone and g1? Your thoughts matter! :)

A. I am a current G1 user so I can give you the Pros and Cons of this phone. I currently have the black one.

Pros:

-Internet: lawless and fast, with firmware 1.5 the updates make it even better.
-Text Messages; threaded which is just great
-Home Screen and Widgets (Three customizable home screens, Place shortcuts and apps where ever you like, Google search, Music Player)
-Full Qwerty Keyboard and Full Qwerty on screen keyboard
-Market Place (many cool and functional features). Can download apps
like my account from t-mo, weather, sports updates, ring tone maker, new music player
-You Tube, Picassa: upload, watch, comment and save faves
-Google Maps: helped me countless times when I was lost.
-Amazon: music purchases right from phone onto memory card.
- Expandable memory up to 8 GB
- I love the compass and the BarCode scanner that allows you to scan and check items near you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Con's:

- BATTERY LIFE SUCKS
- AIM, YIM, LIVE, never stay signed on.
- Email's cannot be deleted from phone they will continue to reappear until they are removed from web mail application.
- Stock Music Player is Sub-Par at best.
- Camera is HORRIBLE and slow to load by pressing quick access key.
- Video is OK if you are outside on a sunny day .
- Phone memory is only 74 MB of memory which is where all the apps are stored and then the save data is saved to the memory card.
- Market is completely open with no over sight by T-Mo or HTC. If the user says it sucks trust there words.

In my opinion this is a Good Phone with potential and with all phones there are things that can be better and since this phone receives over the air updates) you are sure to always have the fixes right when they are available.the Physical Qwerty Keyboard was a hands down winner over any fully touch screen phone. As far as which is better that is going to stay a matter of debate but I say "there is a phone for everyone but every phone is not for everyone" So research and play with the phone. YouTube video's are a great way to see the phone in action. Phone Dog has a few video's out there which I have included a link to.

Happy Phone Shopping.

How do (can) I retrieve files from one t-mobile phone to another?
Q. I had a slide T-mobile phone which I have all my photos and other data on it. The SIM card from that phone was placed in a new phone (I did not know this was being done...but thank you to the one who did it) and activated. None of the data from the old phone shows up on the Android G1 phone. Is there a way this can be recovered? If so, how?
Thanks,
Me

A. Connect the phones to the computer and then, access to one of the phone's folders... Now, transfer files from phone to another....

Good luck!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment