Any one know how to write android applications?

Q. I want to learn hoe to make andoris apps with eclipse, I have made several with google app inventor but there is way to many limintationw. So would someone be willing to teach, "tutor" me on hoe to write android apps? Email me at breckiam@gmail.com or comment! Thanks

A. You have be pretty decent at object-oriented programming to begin with. Mostly Java, since Android is Java-based(Android uses the Dvalik VM and not the JRE). There are books that teach you how to program in Android, but I personally used their website:

http://developer.android.com/guide/basics/what-is-android.html

What programming language should I learn first?
Q. I am going to be building Android apps, using the Unity game engine for building games for Windows and Android and building the occasional Windows game.
What I am looking for is:
The language to have good performance (Minecraft is laggy because its written in Java)
Stability
Easy to understand.
A wide range of platform compatibility
Support for multiplayer and Video playback.

So yeah which is easier and which is better overall.

A. It depends what you understand. Unity uses javascript as a scripting engine for interacting with game elements. Unity is an awesome platform for creating 3d games, but you might want to look into LiveCode if you are more familiar with C++ and Java. If you understand java, then you could create a simple application using eclipse, which may be the easiest way to get the app actually imported to the app store. The integration would most like be much simpler, but I don't know about creating games that have 2d or 3d characteristics with eclipse. Eclipse android development tools are much like Form tools (Like textboxes, dropdown menus, checkmarks, buttons, etc). I would advise looking into some tutorials regarding each application to get your take at what suits your needs.

Does Ruby have any use in ios and android development?
Q. I'm learning ruby on rails for website development and I know ruby on rails is different from ruby but through RoR, I'm sure I'll pick up basic Ruby. Thinking of the future, I might want to go into ios and android development, and I'm wondering whether or not Ruby knowledge has any application in ios or android development. Can you develop ios and android apps in ruby?

A. Android apps are written in Java, and iOS apps are written in XCode. I found Ruby for Android (http://code.google.com/p/android-ruby/) on Google Code, but to develop apps for others to use would require them to install it and execute code themselves. I'd suggest learning Java.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment