How do you switch cell phones with Verizon?

Q. I was wondering if I can purchase a cell phone from ebay and switch from my phone to the new phone and keep my number without going to verizon to buy a completley new cell phone for a higher price than to just buy a used one from ebay. What is the best way to switch phones?

A. YES! you can, buy one off ebay but MAKE SURE IT HAS A CLEAR ESN AND UNLOCKED!!!!!! IAnother idea could be Craigslist! The phone has to be from the verizon network remember! Then go to a verizon store and say you want to activate the phone and it will not cost a dime! HOWEVER, if you dont have a smartphone but buy a blackberry or android phone you will have data charges.

What is the whole purpose behind unlocking an iPhone?
Q. Looks like Apple has been more linient toward unlocked cell phones, but what is the purpose? Is it to to allow third party app installation & use? How about a different cell phone provider besides AT&T? I thought AT&T is the exclusive iPhone cell phone provider.

A. The main reason, as far as I can tell, is to be able to use out-of-Apple-controlled applications. Unfortunately, the iPhone and it's system are a closed-source system, and Apple wants to maintain control of the distribution of applications.

If you submit an app you designed to the iPhone store through Apple, there's no guarantee they'll approve it. This is why I choce the G1...I want to do some development for it, and android is an open system.

You are exactly right about the different provider. I suppose you could slip a T-Mobile sim in the phone and make calls and trade texts, but you won't be able to use the data features. Which essentially turns it into a very expensive brick.

What type of cell phone should I bring to India?
Q. I want to communicate with my family back in the US using skype on a cell phone.Is there hardware I can buy before I leave to make this easy?

A. from US , you have to opt only for GSM phones quadband (preferably AT&T) unlocked , to use in india

regarding skype most of the advanced versions with android 3g (smart phones) have this option

iPad
iPhone
HP
Windows Phone 8

or tablets having skype down loading fecility




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment