How to fix the cursor jumping around a text box in android?

Q. Typing in some text boxes is a chore on my phone. If I need to edit and I touch the spot I need the cursor will end up in a random spot in the paragraph. I've tried different browsers and keyboard combinations but I still have the issue. Does anyone experience this or know of a fix?

A. Reset the Android...

Good luck!

How to set my default location on HTC Hero Android weather widget?
Q. So I just got a new HTC Hero with Android, and I'm loving it, but I can't figure out the weather widget on the home screen. I can't seem to change the default location for the weather that it shows.
It keeps saying "Providence (current)" but I live in Virginia and the nearest Providence is hundreds of miles away, and the weather is way different!
How can I change the default location that shows?
Thanks so much, guys!

A. Displaying weather in your location
If location service is disabled, you can set your current location and add it to
Weather.
1. On the Weather screen, tap +, and then tap My location.
2. When prompted to enable location source, tap Enable, select the Use
wireless networks check box, and then tap Agree on the confirmation box.
3. Press BACK. A blinking dot shows your approximate location on a map.
Tip If you want to adjust your location on the map, press and hold the push pin, and
then drag it to your desired location.
4. Tap Done. Your location information displays on the screen.
5. Tap Add. The weather in your current location displays on the screen.

Adding a city
1. On the Weather screen, tap +
2. Enter the location you want to add on the text field. As you enter text, the list
is filtered to show the possible locations based on the letters you entered.
3. Tap the desired city to select it.

How do you create rich user interfaces on Android? For example like the Facebook and Twitter apps have?
Q. I can only find tutorials to create basic user interfaces with simple list views, text boxes and buttons. I can only assume the Facebook and Twitter app use web views with HTML/CSS to create theirs?

A. As a starting point, see this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1ZBjlCRfz0

and read this article: http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/05/twitter-for-android-closer-look-at.html

Both are about Android UI patterns and both use the official Twitter app as an example. I don't think that app uses web views; it looks like it's mostly list views. I can't be sure without seeing the source code though (which I don't think they ever ended up releasing like they had planned).

You could check out the source code of the stock Android apps (Music Player, Email, Gallery, etc.) that come with the emulator to see how they do things. http://source.android.com/source/download.html

There are a lot of tutorials at http://developer.android.com

You could also use a visual program like Droid Draw http://www.droiddraw.org/

These visual layout programs still aren't the best, but they help in the beginning to see how XML layouts work and you can use the code generated to get you started.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment