How to root HTC WildFire S?

Q. Hi, how can I root my HTC WildFire S without unlocking the bootloader? I don't want all of my phone stuff to be deleted. Is there a way to root it like you would jailbreak an iphone, without deleting everything? If so, please explain. Thanks!

A. Well, first of all, you cannot root an Android device (in nearly every case I've ever seen) without unlocking the bootloader and turning the bootloader to S-OFF. Most HTC devices made in the last two years have this same requirement.

Once you do that, you can flash a recover ROM (like Clockwork) and you'll have root. But having an unlocked bootloader is required. And HTC doesn't really care, since they have a web site that actually helps you do it.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1195275

Besides, for what other reason other than modding the device would you want to root the phone? If you're worried about apps and the like, you can use a backup program like Titanium to backup your apps and data. There are apps that will backup text messages (a good idea, since there is no other backup for them) and call logs.

Also, if you use the Google sync service (and anyone using an Android device would be foolish not to), all your Google contacts, Google mail and downloaded app information is saved to Google's cloud, and most of it (if not all of it) will reinstall or resync once you reset the device and set it back up again.

Lg Optimus V Ice Cream Sandwich?
Q. I have the LG optimus v. I want to root my fone so I can install ice cream sandwich or gingerbread. How can I root my fone?

A. First, download adb. You will need this later.

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

when you install the sdk, all you need to have checked is the android usb drivers(which should already be checked)

after installation, follow these instructions.


http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=803682

1. go to the above link and download superoneclick.

2. follow the instructions with the link.

In order to install a custom rom, you will need to install a custom recovery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-optimus-s-rooting-roms-hacks/59359-custom-recovery-xionia-clockwork-cwma-v1-2518-6-a.html

3. Use the link above. This is currently the most widely used recovery.

4. Follow the instructions on the webpage.

Now you need a custom rom to install on your phone.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1089

5. Go to the above link and choose a rom. It will say ROM on the left. There are two currently updated ones. I suggest Inferior Human Organs

6. Follow the instructions.

7. If you have done all of the above correctly. You should now be rooted and using gingerbread 2.3.7!

notes: makes sure you root your phone before you do the following

instructions for installing the recovery will tell you to type some commands from the terminal. In order to do this correctly, you will need to open command prompt in windows and type this first:

cd C:\\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\

make sure adb can see your device by typing: adb devices
if ANYTHING comes up underneath listed devices, your connected so move on.
type: adb shell

then proceed

I need help with my rooted android.?
Q. I've rooted my phone and it installed the superuser app on its own. So obviously its rooted, but when i try to run root only apps it says that my phone isn't rooted. I tried downloading busybox because i read its needed. But when i try to run busybox even that says my phone isn't rooted. I even unrooted it, then rooted it again and i have the same problem. Does anybody know what the deal is?? :I

A. have you installed the recovery clockwork properly? it works together with the root of the busybox. what kind of phone are you trying to root? what version of android are you running?




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment