Can u change the operating system in a mobile phone?

Q. Can u change the operating system in a mobile phone I have the LG KF300 I want to upgrade the ability to store more numbers and schedule more events in the calendar. I think its stupid how the phone companies dont make it adaptable in that respect, when you can easily add memory cards to accommodate more data. Anyone else have this problem. And no I dont wnt an iphone, I like my phone. I cant stand the touch screen, I gave mine away.

A. No. An OS (operating system) is the means of operation of a device; iOS (Apple-iPhone), RIM (Blackberry), Symbian (Nokia) and the Android OS. What you are referring to is the on-board memory. In most cases it is limited to about 125-250 MB. Newer devices are capable of going into GB, but that is usually the case with smart phones and multimedia phones. Memory cards only assist in the storage of media and not information like contacts.

How do you play Pokemon Fire Red and Leaf Green online with other people using an Android phone?
Q. My friend and I both got Pokemon on our phones. He got LG and I got FR. We want to be able to trade each other and battle each other online or over Wi-Fi on our phones. Is it possible to do?

A. I dont think pokemon were able to be traded over wi-fi untill generation 4 (your games are both generation 3). The only way to trade between gameboy advance games is by using a link cable, however, since you are using phones, i assume you both use emulators to play pokemon roms. In that case you are unable to trade or battle. As for going online, that doesn't happen till generation 5 in the pokemon dream world.

How do I send my own short music files to my cell phone for free?
Q. Its an alactel 606 chat and has no internet and is not an android or a smart phone. Please can someone tell me what to do and direct me to some helpful web pages.

A. Most modern phones use one or two of a couple of methods for data connection.

If your phone has a wired port (it maybe hidden under a cover at the side) then it may accept a USB connection to a PC -the cable is usually peculiar to the phone at the phone end and USB at the other for the PC.
Sometimes you need manufacturer software to send and receive files,in other cases,files will cut and paste to the phone.

The other method is using BLUETOOTH - though as you say this maybe missing if you are not using a smart/android phone - though both systems are on my LG KP170 which is not THAT sophisticated.

Compatible files are usually .mp3 and .mid - the former for audio samples (ie music or speech)and the latter for music synthesizer files (ie phone tones).

The URL below suggests the 606 has Bluetooth and USB connections and uses MP3 for ringtones as opposed to .mid.

Bluetooth may need to be switched ON in the TOOLS section of your phone and you will need a bluetooth adaptor for the PC.

USB only requires the cable that connects to the phone and maybe software.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment