How to use android galaxy in USB mass storage mode?

Q. I have a samsung android galaxy S, Im trying to connect it to my computer as a mass storage device but it wont recognize it. If I put it in mass storage mode, 3 new drives show up, none of which I can access. If I put it in Debug mode, windows cant locate any drivers for it. What am I supposed to do?

A. If the computer "wont recognize it", how can "3 new drives show up" ?
That sounds like the computer is seeing the phone.
Need more detail, how you're connecting etc

How do you put music on an android phone?
Q. I have an iPhone 4s and have always used IOS so i'm used to the straight forward system of iTunes for my music, movies, etc. I'm thinking of switching to an android phone. How easy is it to manage your music on that compared to an iPhone?

A. That's a great question.

It is as straight forward as "drag and drop"-
Take the files and put it on your phone's hard drive or on the sd card.

Let me back up. Connect the usb cable to the computer. If it is the first time doing this with that phone, just follow the steps of installing the drivers necessary. Then just transfer to anywhere on your phone/sd card. There are apps that are set up to do "party lists" and what have ya.

If your media is on iTunes... I have bad news for you. Unfortunately, it's like trying to move your belongings out of East German, back in the 40's. iTunes isn't a bad thing if you have "ownership" of paid media. IF you have your music files on your computer's hard drive... welcome to owning your files. I don't mean to be flippant, well... maybe a little.

Here's a site to show how to get your media files off iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

There are quite a few stipulations and wishful thinking phrases in the instructions.

I have used "DoubleTwist" (an app) to get my stuff off iTunes.

Have fun with your Droid... you'll love it.

Program to see files on computer from android phone?
Q. I would like to be able to see the files we have on an external hardrive hooked into our home desktop from my android phone. I don't need to be able to run anything just look in each folder and see the titles of books. Ideally the program would be free, but if it works for what I need a nominal fee would be fine.

A. Just need a USB cable and the drivers that come with your phone. Attach the phone and Windows Explorer will start. Use that to look at what you want.
~




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment