I changed my yahoo password. My droid is telling me to go to the web and unlock my account. How do I do it?

Q. I can't read the answer of the same question by the previous person. I can not access my yahoo mail on my droid after I changed my yahoo password. Someone please tell me how to go to the web and unlock my account.

A. I was having the same issue and finally found an answer. Here's what I did:

1. Touch email icon.
2. Got to settings and select "Account settings."
3. Select "incoming settings."
4. In the incoming server settings, enter the details as follows:
Username: XXXX@yahoo.com (enter your complete yahoo email address)
Password: enter your new yahoo password
IMAP Server: android.imap.mail.yahoo.com
Port: 143
Security Type: None (Mine had said SSL and once I left this spot blank, the problem was fixed)
IMAP Path Prefix: leave blank
5. Push the next button and, hopefully, your email will be restored.

This issue really drove me crazy, so I hope the solution works for you as well. Good luck!

How to turn off notification sound in new yahoo mail for android app, not in general settings?
Q. I updated to the new 1 and there is no longer an option in the general settings and I cannot get the old 1 back.

A. Menu, Options, Choose Email Account if you have more than one, Uncheck the notification you want to disable or disable them all by unchecking Notifications

Why does my email still show up on my android tablet after i already deleted them on my computer?
Q. When opening Yahoo Mail on my galaxy tablet, it still shows old email that i already deleted while on my computer...why is this? I thought If I deleted it once (either place), it should be deleted any time I open either device. I am new to apps and tablets of any kind.

A. It depends on how you receive your mail on your computer, if you get it from the server and delete it, it's gone but if you read it from a third party program like say outlook unless you have that set to delete from the server once loaded in outlook it stays on the yahoo server and anything like your tablet still sees it.

Change the settings on your computer to solve this issue.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment