If you jailbreak your phone, will it still allow software upgrades?

Q. I have a jail broken Android Incredible running FroYo. I know the new upgrade to Gingerbread is being released, will the upgrade push to my jail broken phone, and if so, will I have to jailbreak it again after the upgrade?

A. You don't jailbreak an Android phone, you root it. Once your carrier releases the upgrade, wait a while and check the message boards to see if there are any problems once it's upgraded. Worst case scenario you generally can simply root it again.

Why does my Android Incredible keep rebooting itself?
Q. I've had an Droid Incredible for two years now and just as of last night it keeps rebooting itself automatically but it's only doing it while it charges. It's driving me nuts. I don't think it's any app doing it, but I noticed my battery is draining a little quicker than usual so do you think it may be my battery dying? It just did it twice while I was typing this out.

A. Originally Posted by moonrosee View Post
. I would still like suggestions on why this could be happening.
could be from not clearing data and cache when you install cwm, if doing a factory reset fixed it, then that may be the issue.

just in case your new to cwm...what I mean is
1)shut phone off
2) boot into recovery (volume down & power button until buttons flash)
3)scroll down to "wipe data/factory reset"
4)reboot system now


you will lose your settings and what not, but it will avoid the boot loop.

This should only ever need be done the first time you load custom recovery or if you are changing roms or loading custom ones.
using titanium backup like Bionic Chronic said will help speed up the process of re installing apps and such.

How long should i keep my phone in a bag of rice to get rid of water?
Q. I dropped my fone in the toilet, took of case and battery and put all pieces in a nag of rice... i need to use my phone tomorrow... how long should i leave it in the bag????

A. HTC DROID INCREDIBLE Android Phone (Verizon Wireless)
1. Home/Main Screen - Weather and Top Used Apps (Last.fm, Skyfire, Gmail, Market, Mail, Mint, Flixster, Camera)
2. Agenda
3. Text Widget from HTC Sense
4. Stock Widget from HTC Sense
5. Favorite Contacts
6. Power Widget and Empty Space
7. FriendStream - HTC Sense seemlessly integrated Facebook/Twitter/Flickr
--------




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment