What is the best inexpensive tablet for remote desktop?

Q. I'm looking for something decent and cost effective like an Android that's big enough for a solid RDP terminal for IT use.

A. Since RDP seems to be best implemented by Windows I would suggest a Windows based tablet. Unfortunately they're not cheap. Here's an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157735

I do not endorse the vendor in the above link -- it is just an example. BTW that particular site has several brands of Windows tablets. Check them all out.

Internet on tv and using remote control to change pages?
Q. I connect my laptop to a tv to watch the videos on tv, but the bad thing is that I have to be near the laptop to change things.

I want to be able to sit back and use a remote to change internet pages on my tv. How do I do that?
What will allow me to do that?

A. If your laptop has bluetooth, there might be remotes for it.

I personally ahve a program called Mobile Mouse for my iPhone that lets me control my macbook from my phone, which is great. I'm sure there are similar apps for android phones or that work with PCs, if you have a smartphone that is.

what are the best things to do to my android?
Q. I just got an android (htc flyer) and its a tablet. I'm kinda new to the android platform, I used to have an iphone. So what's the coolest things I can do?

A. here are some good apps.

âdouble twistâ sync your itunes songs to your android
âDrop boxâ- move files wirelessly from your pc to your phone
âUnified remoteâ- use your android as remote for your computer- play movies, view your files, etc.
âYouTube mateâ- download YouTube videos(sometinge gets rmoved from market, you can google it though)
âIP webcamâ- use your phone/tablet as a webcam
âAlgeoâ- a scientific/graphing calculator similar to a TI 89
âDolphin Bowser HDâ- one of the best android internet browsers
âAdao file managerâ- manage your phones files
âtv. comâ watch tv programs using wifi
âtune in radioâ- listen to the radioâ¦.
âWhereâs my droidâ- never lose your phone/tablet again, just send it your attention word and the volume maxes out and even receive its location on gps

âgoogle sky mapâ, know the position of stars using augmented reality
âgoogle googlesâ search the web my using images
âshazam/hound soundâ record a piece of a song and shazam will tell you the name, artist, etc. of the song
âcircle launcherâ(widget)- store more apps if running out of room on home screen
âfunny jokesâ great jokes, by community⦠(secret community? lol youâll get it.)

thing only on android
Turn-by-turn voice GPS
Live wallpaper
Flash support, watch ALL the online videos
More customizable

Another great thing about android as that if you dont like something (keyboard, homescreen, etc.) it can easily be swapped without jail-breaking, unlike the iphones one-size-fits-all approach.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment