Which of iOS and Android is better?

Q. My mom's planning to buy me a new phone after graduation. But I'm in doubt. I've been wanting an iPhone for years, but my mom and my dad just bought Android phones and my mom said that Android phone is better than iPhone. Can anyone help me to choose which one of them I shall ask my mom to buy for me?

A. Hey mate, iOS vs Android, well I'm going to assume that you mean iPhone 4 or 4S (I would not touch any lower model at all). With Android a phone that is similar to these that is good value would be at least an HTC Desire HD (although this is better than the iPhone 4 by a mile) or the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play (this has exclusive games which is a brilliant thing to have) as soon as you root and put a stable custom rom on an Android device it is awesome (email me @ zachwright71@gmail.com if you need to know how) I would honestly go for Android because there is more freedom but here are some advantages and disadvantages between the two.

Android
Advantages:
>More freedom (you can bluetooth to any mobile device)
>Easily moddable
>More Phones meaning more choice
>Emulators are easy to get
>A lot cheaper
Disadvantages
>Devs favour iOS meaning delays on applications
>Task manager is well hidden
iOS
Advantages
>More apps
>Very simple
>Updates instantly available
Disadvantages
>Expensive unless you opt for an iPod Touch instead
>Very restricted
>Only fully useful if jailbroken
>Apps do crash a little bit more but not much.

So yeah I think thats it everyone has their own opinions and mine is that Android is a bit better and may overtake iOS fully in a couple of years. Just don't go for a Windows Phone ;)
Email me if you have any further questions.

What's the advantage for a business to have a mobile app?
Q. What's the advantage for a business to have a mobile app?

A. For most businesses, not much. I guess it could act as an electronic brochure, but a website could do that too and it would be cheaper and better, since ONE website can be designed to work on ALL mobile devices - instead of having to make different apps for iOS vs. Android vs. Windows vs. Blackberry etc.

Of course, it's different if a business has lots of customer accounts for some reason - for instance they are an online retailer, or a bank, etc. Then an app could really be valuable if it lets their customers do things online without needing to contact the business directly.

Android vs Apples IOS, Which would be better to develop apps for?
Q. I want to start creating apps whether it be games or utilities.

A. There are currently more Android machines shipping than Apple, that you be a point in favour of Android.

There are currently more Apple machines in use, +1 to Apple.

Android is easier to develop for, it doesn't use wacky Apple Objective-C and ancient IDEs, +1 to Android.

Android is cheaper to develop for, you can use the machine you have, whereas Apple requires a recent Apple machine, +1 to Android.

Apple is a standard platform with only about ten variations, Android varies between manufacturer and network, +1 to Apple.

Android is currently under fire from Oracle for patent infringement of Java (the last vaguely similar case when Java belonged to Sun was won by Sun against Microsoft), +1 to Apple (Apple and Oracle are friends).

Pick the points above you agree with, weight them according to how important they are to you and make your choice.

Me, I'm going Windows Phone 7 because there is no competition yet, I already have the development environment (and it's better than Apple's or Google's) and I believe the initial handsets will be cheap as Microsoft tries to regain leadership in smartphones again.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment