How do I develop Android Apps in DrJava?

Q. I'm using DrJava, not Eclipse, as my Java IDE. I've downloaded the Android SDK, but I'm not sure how to add the files to drJava, or how to run it. If anyone knows, could you please answer? I'm not looking for the answer Switch to Eclipse, I'd much rather stay with this.

Thanks!

A. download jbed.apk, it may help

How do I go about making Android Java Applications?
Q. I have the Android SDK and I know very little Java, but I have spare time and would like to mess around, how do I make the applications and then install them in the virtual machine of Android running?

A. Everything you need

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

You might need to download Eclipse.

Is there any app that allows you to take screenshots on a droid x?
Q. I don't want to have to root my phone or download Android SDK on my computer. I just want to be able to do it all from my phone.

Thanks(:

A. No. It's not the app problem. It's a PERMISSION problem. To get a screenshot, one program have to access another program's memory (specifically, its display buffer). In Linux, such access is NOT given unless you have root permissions, as it's a security risk, not even "read only" access.

---
Kasey C, PC guru since Apple II days
Life is sexually transmitted... and terminal!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment