Is there a version of Android ICS for tablets?

Q. I've seen companies announcing tablets running Android v4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. So here's my question; is there a version of Android ICS for tablets or is it a mobile-optimized OS that is being fitted into tablets the same way Froyo was put in the Samsung Galaxy Tab?

A. Its similar to how its on the Galaxy Tab. What the manufacturers (e.g. Samsung) do is optimise the Android OS to meet the tablet requirements/features, they make little changes that make the OS tablet friendly. The tablet version of Android is different to the mobile version of Android, in Samsung's products.

If I updated my android to ICS, would the following apps and games still work?
Q. I have already download these apps on Gingerbread, and if I updated my android to ICS, would they still work and do i have to restart the whole game??
Pocket frogs
Princess punt
alchemy classics
hanping dictionary

and would bloatware be deleted?

A. You'll never know if you don't try them out on my phone when i updated it i was able to play more apps than the original stock ROM

Android ICS not able to connect to wifi?
Q. I recently bought a phone with Android ICS 4.0.4. I have use lan to connect to internet in my laptop. I created a ad hoc wifi network in laptop with internet sharing. I used to connect all my other devices through this connection to access internet. They all worked fine. But, not my ICS phone. The same phone is working well with wifi routers in my work place. Is this problem specific to ICS? How do I rectify it?

A. As you say your phone is working fine with your work routers so the problem is not your phone. The problem is with the connection your trying to attach to at home.

If you had a wireless router at home you could connect to that the same way as you do at work. Why not just get a router for your home they don't cost much and will make your connections much easier.

If you don't want to then you need to fix the settings on which ever method you have set up for your phone to see and connect too.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment