Does downloading apps on android market cost money if you do it from a computer?

Q. I was wondering if I wanted to download a free app from android market, if it would still cost me money if I did it from my computer instead of my phone. Thanks.

A. try http://www.androidsoftfree.com.
it had various of apps, games, themes and wallpapers for android.

What exactly are the "home" apps in the android market?
Q. I just want to change my phones wallpaper, but some require another app download.

A. If you want to change the background all you need is a digital photo. Some Apps will provide you with photos to make a wallpaper. In most cases you can uninstall the app after the wallpaper is set. I recommend the app called "Backgrounds" it's free and has some cool background wallpapers.

My brand new samsung stratosphere has all the apps that the demo has in the store.?
Q. I have been trying to delete the apps that came with the phone like "guided tours," blockbuster, and setup wizard. it has way to many processes running and it drains the battery in about 2 hours. I cant seem to keep some random applications and processes from restarting even after using apps like battery update (which controls battery use and ends unnecessary processes from running). Any suggestions?

A. I am not familiar with those apps, but they sound like carrier bloatware. That means apps that have been built in by the cellular provider and which cannot be removed unless you root the phone.

Android is built to maximize memory usage. Keeping things in the memory does not consume power. Most of the apps that you think are running are simply cached in memory and not eating CPU cycles or battery. You can improve your battery life by getting rid of all the "task killer" apps that you installed to try to defeat Android's memory management. Task killers just force the phone to spin its wheels unloading and reloading apps, which DOES use the battery.

Other ways to improve battery life are to turn down your screen brightness, reduce the number and frequency of apps that sync data to the cloud, avoid live wallpapers, and use wifi whenever possible. However, there really aren't any smartphones with the kind of battery life you can get from a less advanced phone. Power consumption will be especially high if you are in a poor signal area.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment