How can i upgrade my Archos 80 G9 from Honeycomb to Ice cream Sandwich?

Q. i have an Archos 80 G9 on honeycomb (android 3,1) and i would like to upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)
please let me know how to if i can.

thanks in advance.

A. On your tablet's browser:
-------------------------------------
Go to archos.com, select "support & account" from the top menu then "Downloads".
From there select "Firmware" and then pick your tablet model (Archos 80/101 G9 in your case).
Then click the Download Archos 80/101 G9 OS v 4.0.4 link that will appear underneath.

alternatively go directly to:
http://update.archos.com/9/gen9/gen9_4.0.4-TEST/firmware_archos_it4.aos

After the file is downloaded you can just run it and it will perform the firmware update that installs ice cream sandwich to you tablet :)

Edit:
=======
Some devices won't complete installation this way(?). You might need to connect your tablet to a pc and copy the .aos file into the root directory of your tablet's drive. Your device will then pick up the firmware and ask you to install it.

When does Ice Cream Sandwich come out for Htc Evo 3D?
Q. When does the real official Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich come out for the HTC Evo 3D? Its been a while now. Is the 3D still do to get the update?

A. Everything I've seen has said the end of this month or june

How do I use single motion panorama on HTC Evo 3D?
Q. I'm running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and I've read that I do have the feature I just can't work out how to do it or find the option. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A. Hmmm. You're right that 'panorama mode' was included in the first Ice Cream Sandwich iteration, which was 4.0.1 [1]; however, I've just turned my own Evo 3D upside down looking for it and you're right there too - it doesn't seem to be there.

I'm guessing HTC's Sense overlay has for some reason trashed or omitted it - though I can find nothing online to say this. However, the official HTC Evo 3D online support documentation [2, 3] doesn't mention it at all, whereas they do for other similar phones (e.g. Evo 4G [4]), which to me implies that the feature hasn't been added to the Evo 3D.

Which is quite annoying.

I guess it may be added natively in a future ICS/Sense update, though there's no way of knowing. In the meantime, I guess, there are two options open to us to try to get panorama mode to work on our phones. The first would be to root them [5] and find a ROM which includes the panorama mode (I suspect a 'vanilla' ICS ROM might include it) - a bit drastic, but then these random, high-handed decisions made by HTC et al. sometimes seem to call for drastic action, if only to make a point.

The second would be to find a 3rd party camera app which can do the same thing and use that either when you want to take a panoramic shot, or make it the system default, replacing the stock camera. I haven't looked into this option in detail yet, but I did find a discussion thread [6] which seems to indicate that the 'Sony Panorama' camera app will do the trick; I'm sure there are others too.

Hope you find a way that suits your needs!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment