What Verizon phone is best for a heavy texter?

Q. I am getting a new phone in December and I am a really heavy texter. Right now I have an env3, and the keyboard is awesome, and it's great for texting. I don't want an android, I am willing to pay an extra $10 for a data fee besides my unlimited texting. Any suggestions?

A. I'de check in the users manual to find out.

Can a HTC android phone be traced if it was factory reset and wiped clean?
Q. I lost a phone and i think the person who found it did a complete wipe out because i cant trace it
i also wanted to know if there was any other way of finding it.

A. I am afraid it is hard to trace it if it has been reset to factory settings. Try to call your phone company and tell them you lost your phone. If you have a SIM in your phone, you can also lock your phone. Your phone will require the SIM PIN code regularly to prevent fraudulent use. The SIM will block any service if the PIN is wrongly entered three times.
You can also prevent the thief from using your stolen phone with his own SIM. To do this though you need to know your phoneâs unique identification number, called the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity). If you can also give this number to your phone company, they can block the handset from being used with a different SIM. In many cases, you can obtain your handset's IMEI by entering *#06# on your handset, but your phone may be different. Check with your manufacturer or user's manual. Note the IMEI and keep it in a safe place.
By the way, it may be useful to install some anti-theft or monitoring app on your phone. It may help us get our lost phone back in such cases. I am using iLostFinder on my iPhone, you may find some suitable to yours.
http://ilostfinder.com/

How can I locate my lost cell phone using GPS?
Q. I lost my HTC phone last night. It MIGHT still be turned on, not sure. Is there a site/service that can locate my phone via gps?

A. I know of two ways, and learn about the third right now. See EDIT 2.

One would be to already have a security app that has such a feature and a companion web site with log in.

Another would be to activate Latitude on that device within Maps or the standalone app by Google before losing it. Or activate it under your GMail account right now (https://www.google.com/latitude/) that is linked to that Android device and allow location sharing. Your device should report back the location every 1 hour but I think there is a manual accept clause on the device before you can do so. Try it and let me know if activating Latitude after the fact works or not.

EDIT: Turn on location history for it to work properly.

EDIT 2: "But Android users can still take action. Thanks to the Web-based Android Market, you can remotely install recovery software to your phone or tablet, even if it is no longer in your possession. For instance, in addition to its mobile security suite, Lookout offers the aptly named Plan B. You remotely install the app through the Web-based Android Market, and it begins to run automatically, sending email messages to your Gmail account with a map showing where your equipment is. Donât rely on this app alone, though: Consider Plan B only as a last resort, rather than as your primary or sole line of defense."

That's all I know. And flag your carrier now but keep the phone active if you want to find it.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment