what type of file system does android use?

Q. I am doing a project for school and I need to figure out what kind of file system android uses. Like how windows uses FAT32 and NTFS, I need to find what the Android OS uses, I cant find anything explicitly naming a file system. Any info on this would be appriciated.

A. It appears to depend on whoever the device is from.

It could be ext4, YAFFS or Samsung RFS - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2421826/whats-android-file-system

Why are the Operating Systems of Android named so differently?
Q. I've seen the names of android OS very differently like Honeycomb, Eclairs, Donut Etc...

A. It's very common for developers to give different versions of an OS themed code names. For instance, Apple names the different versions of MacOS after wild cats, such as Snow Leopard. Ubuntu code names their various versions after wild animals in general, such as Gutsy Gibbon, Lucid Lynx, etc.

It's just a lot easier to remember code names instead of generic version numbers such as "v1.2.5.6"

How can I use my internet on my android on my laptop?
Q. I have a lg optimus with the android system and was wondering if its possiblle to use the internet on my phone on my laptop, and if so how would I go about doing it??

A. If you're phone has the Android OS 2.2 (FroYo), then you can make your phone a portable hotspot.

1. Go to Settings
2. Click on "Wireless & Network Settings"
3. Click on "Tethering & Portable Hotspot"
4. Click the "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot" box.

I'd recommend you secure your new portable network.

5. Click on "Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings"
6. Click on "Configure Wi-Fi hotspot"
7. Enter a password.
8. You can optionally change the NetworkSSID from "AndroidAP" to whatever you want.
9. You can also optionally change the Security protocol from "WPA2 PSK" to "Open". I would leave it at WPA2 PSK so you have a secure network and someone else around you can't jump on and start using your connection. If you have friends around, you can either create a password and share it with them or you can just open it up. But remember, if you open it up, then ANYONE can connect. Again, I'd just create a password and share it with friends if you want them to connect too.
10. Click the "Save" button.

Now all you have to do is get your laptop wireless card to connect. Locate your network name, enter your password and enjoy!




Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment