Do you have to have Internet to use Apps on Cell Phones?

Q. I'm looking at AT&T's HTC Freestyle and Pantech Laser and they both have apps but do I need the internet to use/download those apps? Also, if you know of any AT&T touch screen phones that have WiFi, please tell me. Thanks!

A. To download the apps, you need internet. It doesn't matter if it's 3G, 4G, or Wi-Fi. Most smartphone apps do require internet to use. Very few don't. If you're wondering whether or not to get internet service for your phone, get it if you want apps.

Some touch screen phones on AT&T that can connect to Wi-Fi:
-HTC Inspire
-iPhone (pretty obvious)
-Motorola Atrix
-Samsung Captivate
-Samsung Infuse
-Palm Pixi Plus
-LG Quantum
-Samsung Focus
-HTC Surround
-Motorola Flipside
-Blackberry Torch

I recommend getting an Android. It has all the features you want plus a little more in case you decide you need them. If you are willing to spend 80 bucks on a Laser than you should probably find one of the cheaper Androids instead. If you're worried about not being able to get used to it, don't worry. It's very easy to adapt to.


Rooted phone not allowing root access?
Q. Last night I rooted my Samsung Infuse using SuperOneClick and at first it said I had root access. I went to go download a couple root only apps (titanium backup for example) and they all said root access denied. I tried downloading busybox and it gave the same message. Same with updating superuser. So, what did I do wrong and why is this happening? Also, do I need a windows computer to root my phone because I use Linux.

A. many thing could have gone wrong... i dont know what you did, what steps you did, what OS your running, what superoneclick tool you used..... s1c is for windows/linux, so that should be no issue...

what ever the case... the method you used OR your steps OR what you personally did in follow said steps............... is all wrong....

reboot the phone and PC... start over...

follow steps in middle of this page ""Root and Unlock Pack for All OS Versions"" for ATT Samsung Infuse 4G

http://www.androidauthority.com/infuse-4g-i997-att-root-61343/

here is the copy

You can try this alternate method if SuperOneClick doesn�t work for you. The method and rooting package in this section is provided by lost1 of XDA Developers.

According to the developer, the root and unlock package works for any Android version running on the AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G. The method includes not just root but also installation of Superuser and generation of an unlock code for use if you decide to network-unlock your phone.

Here�s how to root/unlock your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G:

If rooting on a Windows computer, install the Samsung Infuse 4G USB drivers on your computer. You can look for the drivers on Samsung�s support site, or install Samsung KIES (which will also automatically install the drivers). You may need to restart your computer.
Download lost1�s root and unlock package for the Samsung Infuse 4G from here or here and save it to your computer.
Extract the contents of the package into a folder in your home directory (on Linux) or in the root of your primary hard drive (on Windows).
Run the rooting script. On Linux, run �./root.sh� (without the quotes). On Windows, double-click on �root.bat�. If you just want the unlock code, use �unlock.sh� or �unlock.bat� instead. Use the unlock code when your phone prompts you for it after you insert a SIM card from a different mobile carrier.
Congratulations! Your AT&T Samsung Infuse 4G is now rooted.

Now get Root Checker App
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.joeykrim.rootcheck&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5qb2V5a3JpbS5yb290Y2hlY2siXQ..

simpliest way to tell if your truely rooted.....

if root checker says your rooted but Titanium backup and other root apps says your not, then you need to upgrade SuperUser. Titanium Backup can do this itself in its settings... or... update it from Playstore


When will samsung infuse get gingerbread? ?
Q. I know that the inspire has 2.3 already but it was supposed to be released 2 months ago

A. I'm assuming that you're with AT&T. If that's the case then there is no specific release date. AT&T made the mistake of issuing a date in September, but obviously failed to meet it. After that, it was expected to be released mid-October...which has now passed by. Being a Samsung Infuse owner myself, I began to realize a long time ago that AT&T was having a hard time getting even minor updates to install correctly over the air. None of the minor updates have worked for me and I suspect that a major one like gingerbread won't work either. I have to agree with Archie when he suggests going with something unofficial. Head over to http://forum.xda-developers.com and you'll find a few options for getting your Infuse up to date with the rest of the world. Keep in mind these options will void your warranty. Then again, almost anything that's worth doing on an android phone will void your warranty.


Switching from iPhone to Android: What about music?
Q. I've had an iPhone since the 3Gs came out and I want to switch. However, I also want to save my upgrade in case the iPhone 5 turns out to be super awesome. So I'm planning on swapping my iPhone for a Samsung Infuse with someone I know tomorrow. Anyway, my question is: What about audio files? I know droids don't have iTunes, but can I still transfer audio? For example, I listen to audiobooks off my iPhone when I'm in my car and I'd cancel the swap if I couldn't listen to audiobooks on the Infuse. How does this work?

A. yeah if u have a computer, just connect your android in and you can drag and drop music from your itunes to your phones music files. as for sound quality, sound varies on different devices. the samsung infuse is running touchwiz 3.0 which has an equalizer and a great music player, so you wont be dissapointed, it sounds great! but i also dont recommend you swap your 4s for a infuse as that phone is rather, meh. youd be better off swaping it with a galaxy s2 or a newer device with a dual core chipset.





Powered by Yahoo! Answers

No comments:

Post a Comment